Child Protection Training – Guidelines & Best practices
India is a signatory to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and as such all institutions and organizations in India are mandated to have Child Protection Policies in place and provide periodic training to its staff who deal with children. This online Child Protection Training program has been designed for all those who work with children particularly in an educational setting. This content of this self-study program is presented as video and voiceover. The training is available in English and Tamil at present and will be available in more languages shortly. The registered viewer is required to go through the 45-minute module and complete the assessment to obtain the certificate.
Topics covered in the CPT training
- What are Child rights?
- What Is Child Protection?
- Recognising signs of Abuse
- Code of Conduct
- Children with Disabilities
- Unacceptable adult behaviour with children
- Handling allegation of abuse
- Communication & Publications about children
- Child Protection in the Virtual Environment